Posted: 3rd of April, 2019
For a project on Behavioral Public Policy in the Gulf States in cooperation with a leading local consultancy, we are searching for a candidate to join a highly skilled and motivated international team as
Consultant / Research Associate
for an initial fixed term of 7-12 months, with an option to extend the contract after project completion.
The successful candidate will engage in a project dedicated to educating and supporting a newly established Behavioral Economics unit. The project involves delivering theoretical training to team members and decision-makers as well as providing guidance and advice on all stages of the development of behaviorally informed measures. These stages include identifying key areas for application of Behavioral Economics, developing ideas for interventions and policies, running (pilot) experiments in the laboratory and in the field, rigorously evaluating the effectiveness of the measures and presenting the results to academic and non-academic audiences.
Your role and responsibilities
You will work in close collaboration with a senior member of BEHAVIA to facilitate the delivery of the services mentioned above. In detail, responsibilities will include
- Preparing lecture, tutorial and interactive training material such as classroom experiments and case studies
- Researching information and data
- Coordinating activities and pilot experiments within the Behavioral Economics unit
- Supporting the members of the Behavioral Economics unit in
- designing interventions
- programming experiments
- organizing the data collection process
- analyzing generated data
- preparing presentations as well as scientific and practice-oriented publications
- Helping to monitor and chase intervention work including liaising with external partners for field trials
- Maintaining and updating project plans and documentation
- PhD or Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or related fields
- Profound knowledge of Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Experience in applying empirical research methods including relevant software for implementing experimental studies (e.g., ClassEx or z-Tree) and for statistical analysis (Stata or R)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in an international team
- Fluent communication skills (writing and presenting) in English
- Willingness to reside in the Middle East for a significant part of the project lifetime
- Arabic language skills and/or prior work experience, particularly in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait or the United Arab Emirates, are beneficial but not required
What we offer
As a young consultancy with a startup spirit, we offer a challenging experience in a very agile and fascinating environment. You will become part of an ambitious team of local and international experts that is passionate about applying Behavioral Economics. Building on your strong academic background, you will be able to gain practical and hands-on experience in applied research, consulting, project management and stakeholder communication.
We look forward to receiving your application including a short letter of motivation, CV, transcripts of university results and any further relevant documentation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dr. Anja Reitemeyer
Director Finance, HR & Administration